Sunday, January 1, 2012

Day One, Project One

First day of a new year. There is something magical about resetting the calendar. One feels that all those ideals - losing 10 lbs (or 30 lbs *cough*), eating right, organization - are all within grasp. Time for a fresh start.

When inspiration for this blog first struck, I had thoughts of making some grand resolutions. I wouldn't pursue new projects but would finish the pile of almost-dones that haunt my craft room closet. I would use all of the fabric and supplies I already own instead of purchasing new supplies for each project. I would purge myself of desires for new crafty horizons and pursue craft asceticism. I would emerge from my year reborn as a thrifty and crafty person. I could almost see myself, seated in the lotus position, serenely surrounded by a bevy of completed projects.

But if I have learned nothing else, I have learned that such guidelines, self-imposed or no, are difficult to achieve. I thought instead of starting big, I would begin small. Instead I will post pictures of what I am doing to maintain a record and an accountability to each project I do this year.

So it begins. My first project of the year is a birthday gift for a friend. It is based off of this design from the fabulous Etsy store of Technodolly:

My version isn't as fabulous (yet), but it is the thought that counts, right?

So I begin: ruby red fleece is laid out to cut. More photos as things progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment