Monday, January 16, 2012

Inspiration

Sewing in fits and starts. Work intruded - darn you, need for a paycheck! - and then illness descended upon my family. So the creative fires have been banked a bit. Maybe I need some pretty pictures to view to get them flaming again?

There are quite a few blogs I love to peruse and sigh over. Your Fantasy Costume is one where I find a lot of inspiration or at least confirmation in some of my crafty desires. She seems to run across the same items I do and I always find a new discovery or two. For instance, I have been on the lookout for truly awesome elfin shoes for some time; Your Fantasy Costume introduced to me to these by Fairysteps:



Then there is Fae Nation. It is another handy linking tool. It reintroduced me to Zizzyfay Faery, especially their hooded sundress:

I love the combination of classic styling with an elfin twist. It is like a rockabilly fairy!

Speaking of rockabilly, I have always appreciated the aesthetic, but I'm just not into the degree of daily maintenance such a look requires on a daily basis. I am firmly rooted in comfort: I eschew heels and hose, rarely shave, wear cotton undies, and generally believe life is too short to wear uncomfortable clothing. But every once in a while I am overcome with the urge to dress to the nines by slinging on heels, doing my hair, adding about 3 lbs of makeup and generally looking well-detailed. Plus, my wonderful husband has expressed a good deal of appreciation for the rockabilly look and who doesn't like to feed the spark of attraction with your love?

Inspiration is where you find it. Perhaps I need to wander on over to my Pinterest boards agains and browse through my pins. SO much inspiration - now I need to find the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment